Dangerous goods shipment
We are empowered to issue dangerous goods shipping documents for third parties, to repair or create special packaging for dangerous goods for sea freight, air freight and air freight.
We can take care of your dangerous shipments from A to Z, from packaging to delivery, providing all the documents that a dangerous shipment needs.
Dangerous goods shipment service
Which goods are considered as dangerous?
Dangerous goods are those goods that, because of their inherent features, might damage the environment or people’s health.
Dangerous goods are divided into 5 classes (and various subclasses)
The type of packaging, labelling and transportation of your goods depend on their class.
- Classe 1 – Explosive materials
- Classe 2 – Gases (flammable, non flammable, toxic and non toxic)
- Classe 3 – Flammable liquids
- Classe 4 – Flammable solids
- Classe 5 – Oxidising substances and organic peroxides
- Classe 6 – Toxic and infectious substances
- Classe 7 – Radioactive materials
- Classe 8 – Corrosive materials
- Classe 9 – Miscellaneous dangerous items
Not everyone knows, for instance, that lithium batteries are actually dangerous goods because they might cause short circuiting if subject to shock, high temperature or high pressure.
There are various types of lithium batteries:
Do not forget that all products and devices containing lithium batteries are classified as dangerous goods as well.
Responsibilities in the transport of dangerous goods and work steps
It is your responsibility (as shipper) to make sure that your dangerous goods are properly declared, packaged, labelled and provided wih all documentation required in the countries of origin, of transit and of destination.
Our specialists will assist you throughout the whole process, from packaging to transport, taking care of all regulatory requirements concerning:
- classification of dangerous goods, materials and substances
- packaging requirements (special features of packaging for different types of goods)
- procedures for testing and type approval of packaging for the transport of dangerous goods
- requirements regarding transport vehicles and shipping documents for dangerous goods
Packaging of dangerous goods
When working with dangerous goods it is very important to take care of every single link in the chain of transportation and distribution.
Such shipments are very delicate because one single mistake is likely to cause serious damages to other goods, to the environment and to the producing/receiving company.
This is why all steps in the process must be studied in detail.
The risk of having the shipment rejected or of running into high penalties is just around the corner.
The complete service offered by Adriatic Air Cargo includes storage and warehousing of dangerous goods in compliance with all existing regulations:
The decree of the Ministry of Infrastructures and of the Transports dated 21 December 2017 provided the instructions to identify the features of a proper packaging for the international transportation of dangerous goods.
The decree applies to all modes of international transport and its 6 articles define the standards of packaging which apply to each mode.